In 2016 the international jury selected the dummy by Belgian artist Dieter de Lathauwer I Loved My Wife (killing children is good for the economy) to be published. The publication launch coincided with the opening of the exhibition of the same project in Botanique, Brussels and is now available in selected stores and online.
Unseen and Lecturis continue their collaboration and join forces once again to showcase the work of exceptional photographers and designers from around the world to give them the chance to realise and publish their photobook dummy. An esteemed international jury will come together at Unseen Amsterdam 2017 to select one photobook dummy as the winner and give the winning artist an entry into the international photography industry.
WHO CAN ENTER
The Unseen Dummy Award is open to all designers and photographers.
– Submission must be a physical photobook dummy.
– Books submitted for Unseen Dummy Award may not be (self-)published and offered for (pre)sale prior to the award.
– All image and text rights must be secured upon submission.
– There is a limit of one book entry per candidate, to be completed via the online application form.
– Administration fee of €30 is charged to cover the operational costs, general administration and postage, and it must be paid at the time of application.
– Please post your photobook dummy to the following address: Unseen Dummy Award De Ruijterkade 127, 1011 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands