The Rhonda Wilson Award has been created to recognize and celebrate the legacy of Rhonda Wilson MBE. The award celebrates new talent in photography, providing the recipient with support, exposure and opportunity to further their career as a fine art photographer. The 2017 award includes the following:
– $1,000 Cash
– Complimentary place on the workshop Business of the Image: A Photographers' Bootcamp on Working with Galleries, (includes meals/accommodation) –provided by Maine Media Workshops + College.
– Guaranteed, complimentary place at the FotoFest 2018 Meeting Place Portfolio Review, (does not include meals, travel and accommodation) – provided by FotoFest International.
– £500 (c. $750) toward portfolio development materials – provided by the BA Hons and MA Photography course, Nottingham Trent University, England.
– 20 portfolio prints, clamshell portfolio box, shipping – provided by Genesis Imaging, London.
– 5 hours one-on-one consultancy with Debra Klomp Ching – conducted in-person or via Skype, depending upon the location of the recipient.
The recipient of the Rhonda Wilson Award will be selected from the five photographers exhibited in the Fresh Annual Summer Show at the Klompching Gallery.
The awardee will be selected by an esteemed panel of photographers, publishers, writers and curators specializing in photography. The panel will be chaired by Debra Klomp Ching.